Thursday, July 12, 2012

Repeat Performance

Thanks to the lovely Katie over at Team Skelley, I've come up with an idea for a blog post.  Yay!  So Katie mentioned that she's never seen any artist more than once other than Coldplay.  This got me thinking.  What artists have I see and how many have I seen more than once?  Is there a pattern?  So I thought I'd make a list of those I've seen and how many times and we'll see if there's a pattern or any meaning to it.  I'll bold if they were the opening act.


  • The Beach Boys with John Stamos on drums (yep, you read that right)
  • New Kids on the Block with Cover Girls
  • Alabama
  • Tracy Lawrence with Tracy Bird
  • Aaron Tippin with Ty Herndon
  • Brooks and Dunn with LeRoy Parnell and The Tractors
  • Little Texas with Blackhawk and Tim McGraw
  • Jimmy Buffet with special appearance by John Kaye of Steppenwolf
  • Julian Lennon with The Push Stars
  • James Taylor with Jackson Brown
  • Van Halen with Gary Cherone singing
  • Sammy Hagar
  • Sammy Hagar
  • John Mellencamp with John Foggerty
  • Sammy Hagar with David Lee Roth
  • Aerosmith
  • Aerosmith with STP
  • Bryan Adams
  • Counting Crows
  • Big and Rich with Cowboy Troy and Gretchen Wilson
  • Kenny Chesney with Big and Rich and Gretchen Wilson and Cowboy Troy
  • Ingrid Michaelson with Greg Holden and Greg Laswell
  • Greg Laswell and Cary Brothers with Harper Blynn
  • Harper Blynn with Elizabeth Ziman
  • Harper Blynn
  • Lee Gibson
  • Lee Gibson
  • Lee Gibson (can't remember who the headliner was)
  • Jim Bianco
  • Brian Wright
  • Allie Moss
  • Bess Rogers with Leila Broussard
  • Sara Bareilles with Greg Laswell and Holly Conlan
  • Greg Laswell with Elizabeth Ziman
  • U2 with Florence & the Machine
  • Charlie Daniels with Gary Sinise and Rascall Flats
  • ZZ Top with 3 Doors Down
  • Joe Bias
  • Jars of Clay
  • Amy Grant and Friends (including Vince Gill)
  • Michael W. Smith
  • Ten Out of Tenn
Ok, so hopefully I haven't forgotten anyone, chances are I probably have. :P  Now for the repeat performances

2 - Gretchen Wilson, Cowboy Troy, Big and Rich, Elizabeth Ziman, Aerosmith
3 - Lee Gibson, Harper Blynn, Sammy Hagar
4 - Greg Laswell

Ok, so not much of a pattern there.  Gretchen Wilson, Cowboy Troy, and Big and Rich were a passing fad. I liked them for a short while, but not any more.  Elizabeth Ziman has been as an opening act both times, so I wasn't really there to see her.  Aerosmith was one of those bands I think you should see once if you've ever liked their music.  It was fun, but nothing I want to see a third time.  Same with Sammy Hagar.  He throws a great party!  And makes some killer tequila! :)  Harper Blynn and Greg Laswell are towards the top of my list, so no surprise that they have been repeat performances.  And Lee Gibson is an old friend, so I try to go support him when I can and my girls ADORE him.

What I find interesting more than anything else is my two favorite groups and my favorite solo singer are very under represented.  U2 and Cary Brothers are only on here once and neither The Beatles as a whole or any of the members individually are on here.  All three of these are due to cost/location rather than how much I'm interested in them.

So far I have two more concerts coming up for the rest of this year... Sugar Ray/Everclear/Lit/Gin Blossoms in August and Straight No Chaser in December.  There are so many people I've not seen that I really want to see (Brother Sal, Coldplay, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Duran Duran, etc.) and several of those I've already seen that I'd love to see again (U2, Cary Brothers, etc.)!

No comments:

Post a Comment