Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tuneful Tuesday

Ok, so I haven't been updating this as much as I'd like to, but I've had a song or two stuck in my head lately and I thought I'd share.  Most people that know me would probably be surprised to see the randomness that is my iPod.  They'd also probably be surprised to see some hard rock/heavy metal on there as well as a tiny bit of rap.

Today one of those songs that would probably surprise people is stuck in my head.  I LOVED the new Avengers movie, as did my whole family.  I stumbled upon the soundtrack on Spotify and have been listening to it a lot.  Thanks to some free Amazon MP3 credits, I've finally downloaded most of the soundtrack onto my iPod.  I really like the whole soundtrack, but two songs stand out in particular.

The first one is Soundgarden's "Live to Rise" which is pretty much the theme song for the movie.  It's even played during the credits.  Both of my kiddos love this song too and know most of the words!


The second one is "Breathe" by Scott Weiland.  I've always liked the sound of his voice and this one has the feel of some of his older stuff with Velvet Revolver and also possibly a bit of STP sound in there too.


2 comments:

  1. Cool! I STILL have to see this movie. I like the soundtrack though...(closet Pitbull fan here). Hee Hee. I'm so glad you got to dl this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of these songs! and I really did not recognize Scott Weiland's voice at all on this song, and I listened to the first Velvet Revolver album until I wore extra grooves into it, lol. Thanks for sharing sweetie xx

    ReplyDelete